This most intriguing and elegant goose appeared in the snow at Christmas, right here on my doorstep and quite alone. (It is not Africa but it is wildlife!) In the thick snow it was bullied by Greylag gangs whenever we tried to feed it. So Dominik and I spent a lot of time working out strategies to distract the others and sneak food to our favoured mysterious goose.
Then the snow melted and to my joy it has stayed. It has cheered up my home run no end - I look forward to seeing it and on occasions tracking it, when it wonders down the tow path towards port meadow. But I can't identify it and my wildfowl ID skills are fair to moderate (having worked for the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust at Barnes) and it's not in my bird book. Calling my birder friends...can you help?



A hit - its an albino Eygptian Goose. Thanks Peter.
ReplyDelete